I appreciate your support very much and I know you're all holding your breath for the dual-boot functionality, so, please excuse me for the delay.
This is what's been done:
- Dual boot code has been moved from U-Boot to the SPL: removes tiny delay introduced when booting the original firmware.
- LCD support implemented both in SPL and U-Boot (both ILI9325 and ILI9331). The LCD now goes live immediately on bootup, which is great when loading linux because otherwise you would see a black LCD for a couple of seconds until the kernel framebuffer driver kicks in, and it is a bit confusing.
- Implemented access to the SPL area (first eraseblock of NAND) in the linux kernel. This allows flashing the dual-boot binaries from linux.
- Streamlined the flashing of the dual-boot binaries from linux.
- Add a simple dialog that shows a disclaimer and asks for confirmation before flashing the dual-boot binaries.
One final note: someone posted a comment pointing out that lingoox might sound a bit offensive in some contexts. If this is a problem we're on time to change it... so please let me know.